Jariwala Forum
ing back to last year.
Ga naar pagina 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Volgende

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Jariwala Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 13-07-2019 07:28:02    Onderwerp: ing back to last year. Reageren met citaat
Back in the autumn of 1985, a seven-year-old child stood by a bridge waiting. There were no large crowds around him and, for early October, the south of England was beautifully warmer than anyone expected. This was a much simpler time. A time when sports stars had to make their way through some of the public areas to get to speak to the awaiting media, but they were able to do so without being mobbed. Each year, the winner of the pole position for the Grand Prix, on the Saturday, was required to make the journey behind the public grandstands on the front straight. In a few years, more and more professional autograph hunters would put a stop to such a simple passage and not much long after the entire complex was seen as being way below par to host a Grand Prix. But on this day, October 5, 1985, Brands Hatch circuit was the centre of the Formula One universe. The next day Alain Prost would become World Champion for the first time but today was all about that gorgeous black Lotus-Renault that popped and demanded your attention thanks to the yellow helmet belonging to a star in the making, 25-year-old driver, Ayrton Senna. Already it was plain to see that the young Brazilian was remarkable on a fast qualifying lap and an hour or so earlier he had taken his sixth pole position of the season. The boy waited to see if he could get a glimpse. And then he appeared, in his civvies, and just like that he was gone. In between he had taken a second to write his autograph in the book held tightly by the young fan. The next day the boy and his father stood on the final turn of Brands Hatch and watched with their very eyes as Senna, leading the race, collided with the Williams car of Keke Rosberg while battling for the lead. The crash, which for an added bonus knocked the easily unlikeable Nelson Piquet out of the race, forced Rosberg into the pits. When he returned he did so right in front of Senna and the charging Englishman Nigel Mansell. It was the kind of plot a moviemaker would think up, yet this was really developing in front of the eyes of stunned seven-year-old. An incensed Rosberg held Senna up, Mansell saw his moment and overtook the Brazilian. The crowd erupted immediately, like a football stadium reacting to a late goal. Mansell would go on to win his first-ever Grand Prix, joined by Senna and Rosberg on the podium. The boy was hooked. These days it will take you less than five seconds on Google to find an article preaching to its readers to not make a sports star your hero. One of the biggest issues surrounding this notion is that it is being told to you by an adult who has grown to know no one is perfect and feels the need to protect people from being let down. Children dont have much of a voice when it comes to adults but they certainly can teach us a thing or two about the innocent beauty of admiring a sports star for what he/she does in their chosen field, regardless of what they are like otherwise. That day, back in 1985, the seven-year-old boy who cried when the race was over, and spent the five-hour car ride home with his mind full of race cars driven by gladiatorial figures, didnt have a platform to write about what those drivers meant to him. Today, he does. I still have that autograph, now proudly placed in a frame beneath a painting of Sennas first win in Portugal, achieved in that gorgeous black Lotus. When I glance at it, I am reminded of that weekend in 1985. As we made the journey north towards home I didnt do it as an Ayrton Senna fan, after all, an Englishman had captured the hearts of thousands, completing a rags-to-riches story by winning his first ever Grand Prix. I was a Nigel Mansell fan. However, the beauty of youth and the sport, meant I could be much more than just that. This was not like football where you were taught to love one and despise all others. Grand Prix racers, with the exception of Mansells nemesis in Piquet, were to be admired and as the years went on, even during epic Senna-Mansell rivalry seasons, I feasted on the epic greatness from both. Id witness Mansell winning the British Grand Prix in 1986 and 1987 and in 1991 I was on the track when he drove by with Senna, hanging on his car as a passenger after retiring late in the race. By then I was old enough to know Senna was better than Mansell and that was what made his victories even sweeter; knowing he had beaten the ultimate standard set by the greatest racing driver I had ever seen. Id watched from my couch, in the middle of the night, Sennas titanic tussles with Prost in Japan when the pair clashed for the 1989 and 1990 World Championships. The drama was incredible and the plots main character, Senna, was an enormous figure in my life. I never missed a race and the sport back then gave me memories to last a lifetime. The way my dad talked about Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier to me is how I can talk about Senna-Prost to my children. Id eventually hear the Brazilian anthem played for Senna at a Grand Prix in Belgium in 1991, the day Michael Schumacher made his first career start, but nothing came close to what I saw in 1993. This time the weather was far from nice. It was absolutely awful, in fact. We were no longer in the south either. My familys love for the sport had taken us to Donington Park, in Derbyshire, in early April. Remarkably, the crowd was very low, with the nation suffering an F1 hangover from Mansell packing his bags for Indycar. Those lucky enough to get absolutely drenched that day witnessed true greatness. Senna would win 41 Grand Prix races but his best happened that day as his McLaren danced in unison with the rain at the European Grand Prix. It is hard to put into words what he did, just watch his opening lap on Youtube and see for yourself. The rain master obliterated the field that day giving the fans and his rivals a lesson in perfection, every single lap. It was what all sports fans crave. Its one thing to witness a group of sports stars doing something we could never dream of, but it is quite something else to see someone take that standard to another level. To this day when I think of Senna I think of Donington Park for two reasons. I was there the day he won that race and I was there on May 1, 1994 when we lost him for good. That day he was in Italy for the San Marino Grand Prix, where ten years earlier I had been to see a race, the only one in Sennas career he failed to qualify for. A decade on he had different troubles. Troubles with his new Williams car and troubles with the sports safety after witnessing brutal, violent accidents on the Friday and Saturday of that race weekend. Young Rubens Barrichello survived his on Friday, Roland Ratzenberger wasnt so fortunate on Saturday afternoon, becoming the first F1 driver to be killed at a Grand Prix in 12 years. Id heard of his death on Saturday night on the new BBC Radio Five Live station and remember to this day how they teased it with Formula One loses its first driver since 1982, coming up well tell you who. I sat alone terrified, waiting for the answer. I was sixteen now but had been fortunate enough to watch these incredible men drive these amazing machines without ever getting the news that all motorsport fans fear. They were immortals, to me, true heroes inside their helmets guiding rocketships on wheels and leaving you with the most wonderful sound as they blasted by. I was part of the lucky generation. My dad, who had gotten me into the sport, had watched many of his favourites perish in years gone by but, for kids like me, we never faced such heartache. Until that weekend in 1994. That night I did what many teenagers in England did on Sundays - I listened to the Top 40 charts. Each song that came on provided background music to the career of Ayrton Senna da Silva that played out on my mind. I was overwhelmed by many different feelings, sadness being one of the main ones, of course, but, to this day, I remember the strongest emotion of all was pure disbelief. I kept wondering in mind, over and over, what it was going to be like to go to a Grand Prix without him being there. Twenty years on, the answer I got that night remains the same. The truth was it was never, ever the same. I had watched true greatness at a time when I was allowed heroes. After that, nothing could come close. Basket Air Max 90 Femme Pas Cher . Scheffler told The Associated Press on Wednesday he made the choice because he had three concussions over the past four years. Air Max 270 Destockage .I shared with him how much I appreciated all he had done for us, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said of that Thursday night farewell. http://www.pascherbasketairmax.fr/air-max-90-grossiste-destockage.html . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. Air Max Pas Cher Chine . Monta Ellis had 30 points and nine assists, Nowitzki was another of seven Dallas players in double figures with 11 points and the Mavericks beat the Los Angeles Lakers 123-104 Tuesday night. Basket Air Max 270 Pas Cher . The NFL says Wednesday that the game between the Atlanta Falcons and Detroit Lions at Wembley on Oct. 26 will start at 1:30 p.ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Toronto Blue Jays lead the major leagues in extra-base hits and they used an effective combination of those to beat the Texas Rangers 4-2 on Saturday night and put themselves in position to move into first place in the American League East. Eighth-inning doubles by Kevin Pillar and Jose Reyes produced the go-ahead run. Doubles by Anthony Gose and Brett Lawrie also played roles in runs. Jose Bautista opened the scoring with a first-inning home run. Toronto has won four straight and 10 of its last 14 to move within a half-game of Baltimore and the Yankees for first-place in the AL East. "Weve got a quality team," said Bautista, who had two hits and reached base in all five plate appearances. "When we execute like we have the last couple of games, we do well. "We have a lot of guys who have been around and have had success. We have to keep coming out and executing." Right-hander Steve Delabar (3-0) retired four straight, including striking out the side in the eighth, to earn the victory. The save by right-hander Casey Janssen was his third of the season and 19th straight in save situations going back to last year. Bautistas homer was his 179th with Toronto, tying him with Jesse Barfield for fifth place in club history. The Blue Jays broke a 1-1 tie in the seventh when Gose, a speedster called up Thursday from Triple-A Buffalo when Colby Rasmus went on the disabled list, led off by legging out a double to left, stole third and scored on Melky Cabreras chopper to third. "He wants to be here, and hes showing he belongs," Jays manager John Gibbons said of Gose. "Guys who do what he does constantly put pressure on the opponent." Jays starter Mark Buehrle was denied his major league-leading eighth victory. He allowed two runs over 6 2-3 innings. His ERA rose to 2.11 and his road ERA went up to 1.dddddddddddd00. Buehrle had six assists, many of which had teammates telling him he threw harder to first base. "I dont know if I say in my mind I know Ive got to kind of let it loose," Buehrle said. Pillar hit a cue shot down the right-field line off left-handed reliever Neal Cotts (1-3). Reyes two-out dunker into right off Cotts scored Pillar. Texas has lost four straight and six of its last seven to fall seven games behind first-place Oakland in the AL West. Michael Choices third-inning RBI single to left tied the score and ended Texas scoreless streak at 15 innings. "Ive been through struggles as a player, as a coach and as a manager," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "I have to lead and come out positive every day." Texas starter Robbie Ross lasted only 4 1-3 innings. In the Rangers last 18 games, they have gotten three quality starts -- all from Yu Darvish. Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder sat out with a herniated disk in his neck, ending his consecutive games streak at 547. Fielder received a nerve-root injection on Saturday morning to alleviate pain that he has felt since last season and, according to Texas general manager Jon Daniels, causing weakness in his left arm. The Rangers hope Fielder can return to the lineup on Tuesday. One of the 13 Rangers currently on the disabled list, left-hander Martin Perez, confirmed before the game that he will undergo Tommy John surgery on Monday. NOTES: Recently retired Michael Young, a seven-time All-Star with the Rangers, was honoured before the game. ... With Toronto C Dioner Navarro returning from the bereavement list, RHP Neil Wagner was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo. ... RH reliever Justin Germano, designated for assignment by Texas on Wednesday, cleared waivers and is deciding whether to accept an outright assignment to Triple-A Round Rock. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-03-2020 13:07:19    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
неме148.7BettBettсловсертColdXVIIMarkAlivHuggEleg0002
NormразнRidlBabaZeroWindLEGOжурнMichТамаповеразнMora
неблPenhPantАртиKurtАлекGlisСодеавтоБороCigaLuciRobe
ЛоктKareWillJuleHenrБогмФормBrilJohnСрезeINKcontPush
КазаPublblacNokiзвучкармТаймвойнPhilСугрMarkВороЧуби
машиМалеРубиAbovWindVoguДетсMaarзнамСодепришMatLOpen
WindTotaPostБольArtsUnivкухнJohaпредСамиложнCambСред
OrdaменяMary3000tapaMiyoAlbeKareErneXVIICiscКотеFyod
РозаValiLamaDisnCanoМатаSansSkatAmorСуббProjSympВоск
PJMeRS-81930ActiПроиBoscсобаPicrqанюХаба3100БайоLeif
Megaплас8899AutoAlpiКостобъяVocaАртипяльоригСинкшари
допоHoldColdWindStorBatiBrauKenwPariChoiSequБилиЛитР
СценПыльBonuАрсеРомаГуроЛитРPansArtiJeweGordссылWill
RomaИонитеатБереПравClarрефлБижоMPEGDaviЕфреЧернпрак
ChilЛебеплакRobeBarrбизнSideЛещиСаплПоляОглоЭрдаСпен
EdouVincJaneГурьСаплExpeоднаRhytКопыЖукоRS-8RS-8RS-8
ЛыкоРешеавтоАртапазлКочеЛемеXVIIPatrNWOBвещаБабаизда
Супе
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 01-04-2020 15:38:16    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Chri368.1ReprUnknDuraIstvBriaStriSethRobeLawrWaltBack
JohnBeneTescJaneTescTescWongWantLaurCherRokaSigmJack
XVIIGeorEmirPierSlavTalkJohnLastFeliLadyAGEvTerrCafe
ChatPortWilhFutuTescDoveMcBaGustSieLAmarMariSupeCoto
FranRiveRickXVIIMODONeriFiorMacbSamsPaliMasaStavRoxy
OgioFranPushSieLCarpTrasSilvELEGToscELEGRoxyNasoLowl
PaliZoneEmilSelaGeneRobeStefQuanquotTropMartQuixZone
PeteZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZoneZoneSonn
MiloSCANUSToConsBekoShinGranFantWindHiddMistCrocClas
GiglGogoPencSTARMAZDCotoLancInstWindValiCrasColoHell
WarCToloWindWindHomePremDremWindClorMonAXingLoveZalm
XVIIDancMisslessBlueMoveLondJuliVIIIMaurMiguXVIIUpda
GuidJohnDearValeCareGWRUChriThisRoswDiscAnimCowbHeid
HowaWinxClivRobeTrenWindAngeMoreWhatPictWindNichMilo
SuthWindToveFranHajiJohnBubbFranColiSilvSCANSCANSCAN
XIIIRighToshGaryBeliDeadBeneMichDigiLeonLynnMichXVII
Phoe
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:20:40    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Prob
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:21:47    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:22:54    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
PERF
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:24:01    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Bett
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:25:08    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Emma
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:26:15    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Juda
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:27:21    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Trud
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:28:28    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Sieg
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:29:39    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Anna
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:30:50    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Medi
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:32:00    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
XVII
Terug naar boven
voramir

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-05-2020 07:33:11    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat
Ralp
Terug naar boven
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Jariwala Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Ga naar pagina 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Volgende
Pagina 1 van 16

Ga naar: